Though there is still some time for the official launch of the 2018 Toyota Hilux to hit worldwide showrooms, car enthusiasts can hardly seem to wait. The automakers are maintaining complete secrecy regarding its new trim and so not much information is known till this point of time. However rumors aren’t dying and interesting facts are constantly coming up.
Here’s a look at what tipsters feel about the new 2018 Hilux.
2018 Toyota Hilux External Design
Car enthusiasts can expect the model to host numerous attractive modifications. There is an expectancy that this new model is going to be anything, unlike its predecessor. Here are some of the noticeable modifications.
- This new 2018 Toyota Hilux will see new alloy bull bars right in its frontal portion which will present this model will a monstrous appearance.
It will give out a good indication about the immense power under its hood
- Auto enthusiasts can also expect to see new LED incorporated front and rear lights. It is also expected to host a new spoiler just to present it with an impressive oomph.
- This new Hilux model will bring in new fine alloy wheels and new sets of wheels.
- For extra luggage storage, roof racks will be noticed at its head.
Other than these modifications, there is still very little information about the new 2018 Toyota Hilux exterior.
Just like the exterior aspect, little information exists about its interior aspects. Going with what tipsters feel, its cabin is said to be a spacious one with all the latest technologies and security features. Adequate attention to details for every aspect of the cabin is a possibility. A new dash incorporating latest infotainment and navigation features is likely to be seen.
Travelers can expect more comfort, owing to newly installed heavy bolstered seats. Also, some expectations of upgrades are also there in regards to the controlling buttons. This is both for the steering wheels and also the center console.
Plenty of aluminum trimming and simple to use gauge cluster will be present.
The automaker has not given any insights about any of its specifications and that applies to its power plant too. However, the word is out that this new 2018 Toyota Hilux is expected to adopt a 2.8-liter turbo diesel engine with a power output of 177 HP and 334 lb-ft of torque ability.
This is the base engine but other than that there are 3 more variants of power train.
- The 1st being a 4-liter turbocharged engine will produce away 163 HP of output and 298 lb-ft of torque ability.
- The 2nd being a 2.7 l gasoline engine having a power output of 167 HP
- The 3rd being a 0-liter V-6 engine with a power output of 278 HP
All these engine options will be mated to either a 6 speed auto transmission or a 6 speed manual transmission.
Its rate of acceleration is expected to be 0-60 mph in 9 seconds and its top speed being 115 mph. This applies to the base engine and no information is there as yet for the other engine variants.
Price, Completion and Release Date
The price of this new Toyota Hilux will be $24,000 and it is expected to release in the first part of 2018.
2018 Toyota Hilux will face tough competition from Nissan Navara and Mitsubishi Triton, Ford Ranger and Isuzu D-Max.