Although the Japanese automaker markets its Fortuner as a mid-sized 4-door SUV, it is Toyota’s largest in many international markets. It made its debut way back in 2005 and is still built on Toyota’s IMV platform. Recently, reports have surfaced that the automaker may soon roll its new 2018 Toyota Fortuner.
2018 Toyota Fortuner Exterior Redesign
Speculations are that Toyota Fortuner may hit the showrooms as a new generation. Although Toyota is silent about this SUV’s design specs, expect it to arrive with stark modifications. The intimidating front face may be a bit tapered this time with its nose losing some height. Front grille may retain its two-bar structure but may see a new structure. Headlights will be LED and may be sharper than its predecessors.
Air intake may be shifted from its front bumper to its bonnet. Fog lights will continue to reside on its bumper. Taillights may see some redesigning and will continue to house LED fittings. Exhaust tips may be separated and may see a dual structure.
2018 Toyota Fortuner will continue to be a 3-row 7-seat car. The new generation tag may see it receive a new dashboard design along with an improved infotainment screen. Toyota may install automatic climate control with ambient sensing technology.
Apart from these, this upcoming model will continue to feature heated front and rear seats. The ventilation system will also be available. Steering will be leather draped along with heated features. The automaker may provide the optional sunroof.
A 2.7-liter engine may be available in the base version of 2018 Toyota Fortuner. In its higher trims, there are 3 expected engine variants.
- A 3.0-liter diesel unit consisting of four cylinders. This will make the Fortuner deliver an output power of 165 HP and torque of 250 lb-ft.
- An electric powertrain may be combined with this. This will make power delivery rating measure at 200 HP and torque delivery at 295 lb-ft.
- A bigger 4.0-liter six-cylinder unit may also be used. This will develop a power of 278 HP and a torque of 277 lb-ft.
Both may come with a 6-speed manual gearbox. A 9-speed automatic is also probable. A front wheel drive layout will be available as standard while all-wheel drive will optional. If electric powertrain is made into a reality by Toyota, EPA ratings of 2018 Toyota Fortuner may improve to quite an extent.
Expect Toyota’s Star Safety System to be installed in this new 2018 Toyota Fortuner. Included features are viz.: –
- Advanced traction control with slip detection technology.
- Electronic braking system and brake assist feature.
- Forward collision detection and alert system.
- Pedestrian detection technology.
- Lane Departure warning system.
- Rear view cameras with park assist features.
- Tire pressure monitoring system.
With all its included specs, it looks quite promising to have its nose ahead in the automobile market.
Price and competition
A price tag of $45,000 is expected. However, with all its add-ons, the figure may well go up to $55,000. Although Hyundai Creta and Renault Duster are providing stiff competition, Toyota Fortuner 2018 is set to have its nose ahead in size and performance.