The fourth generation model, Lexus LS was introduced with 8-speed automatic transmission in 2006. Lexus LS has gained much popularity in the market, and the manufacturer is going to launch its 2018 Lexus LS model. Can it survive in the current market? Why not? This new vehicle comes with modern design and significantly high manufacturing style.
2018 Lexus LS Exterior Design
The new 2018 Lexus LS will attract its viewers regardless of age and gender. This model will come with redesigned external appearance that primarily can attract spectators. It features:
- The front end shows its signature style with the large front grille.
- LS 460 is exceptional to give a sharp front appearance.
- Compared to its front end, the rear end of the car features calm appearance.
- With aggressive in-built angular LED headlights, it comes with the massive
- The Rear end will also come with a new exhaust system and slightly increased wheelbase for specially designed alloy wheels. It gives a dynamic look to the new Lexus LS 460 model.
This shows how Japanese designers bring charm in the face of its buyers. People will experience the most luxurious LS 460 because of its facelift.
Everything comes in stylish and luxurious way. People definitely love Lexus LS with what its interior design is going to feature. It comprises of:
- The seats are a bit more comfortable than it’s previous with secure optimal support.
- Travelers will enjoy the ample legroom along with ample headroom which supports great with its leather seat.
- Moving to the cabin, it will be covered with aluminum elements designed with modern advanced technology and seats are ventilated, heated to meet perfect ergonomics.
- 2018 Lexus LS will have powerful audio system, digital navigation, travel assistance and automated parking.
- For the safety of passengers, this model comes with cruise controls. It will have stronger seatbelts and feature better airbags.
To make it more feasible and durable, rear seated passengers will have sections to control vehicle functions like music management and air conditioning.
2018 Lexus LS Engine Options
To attract the buyers, this model will come with options in its engine selection. It will have two engine variants. The first one, 5.8 liter, V8 engine is producing 467 horsepower, 389 lb-ft. of torque with 8-speed automatic gearbox. It is estimated that new LS 460 could generate fuel economy of 16 mpg on city roads, 25 mpg on highways and 19 mpg in combined.
The other one, 4.6 liter, V8 engine will have 360 hp of power, 347 lb-ft. of torque with 10-speed automatic gearbox. It is estimated that 2018 LS 460 could generate fuel economy of 16 mpg on city roads, 23 mpg on highways and 18 mpg in combined.
With its 4-wheel drive system, it’s powerful (5.8 liters) engine will develop 168 mph of maximum speed. The acceleration can reach from 0 – 60 mph in just 4.8 seconds.
For the safety of its passengers and drivers, 2018 Lexus LS has improved its safety features. This includes:
- The new LS 460 for 2018 comes with modern security system that functions exactly what someone needs.
- With specific type of equipment like camera and curtains, it enhances the support.
- It also supports engine immobilizer, blind spot monitoring and warning lane departure.
With the changes in concept and redesign characteristics, all-new 2018 Lexus LS will have to compete with some of its competitors. Its main rivals will be Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, Cadillac XTS, Hyundai Equus, Mercedes-Benz S-class and Jaguar XJ.
Well, buyers know the best where to go to own such an outstanding luxury sedan.
Price and Availability
The manufacturer has not yet revealed its actual price in the market. However, according to the expert’s prediction, it is expected that the price of 2018 Lexus LS will be more than $74,000 (Its current model price). This price will go on rising for its different package of equipment. Lexus will present this luxury sedan to the people at Detroit Auto Show 2017.